I visit the house we used to own in Tamboerskloof, Cape Town. I show the solar power installation and go through some of the challenges we faced.
* The solar array is 1.5 kW (1500 watts). Made up of 12 Mitshibishi 125 watt polycrystalline solar panels.
* The inverter is a 48 volt MLT Drives 4000 watt grid tie inverter – made in South Africa.
* The battery bank is made up of 16 x 6 volt Trojan 105 Ah batteries.
* The solar charger / controller is an Outback MPPT MX60
* The battery monitor is made by Xantrex
* Solar water heating / geyser evacuated tube collector
* A stunning / beautiful view of Cape Town city bowl, Table Mountain and Lion’s Head.