Residential solar panels are starting to become more and more popular these days. This is mainly because of the following reasons:
– They help with cutting down the electric bill.
– They provide electricity during power outages.
– They are nature friendly. They do not require any coal or other fuels to give you and your home electricity.
As such, a lot of home owners find themselves contemplating on getting their first set. But since the economy is in such a bad shape, the small price remains to be the main consideration. However, if you would spend a few moments you will know that the system is worth every penny. How so?
First off, you have to know these figures:
1. A solar panel can cost anywhere in between $50 – $300 depending on their size/ capacity.
2. An average American family can spend as much as $90 – $120 depending on the rate in their state.
Given those figures, you will see that the price is twice as much as your regular electric bill. If you are going to look at the superficial figures, it may seem that the price of the solar panels can be over the top. But if you are going to calculate it, the savings you will get in three to four months will be enough to pay for the system itself. And of course as you use it, you get to enjoy hundreds if not thousands of dollars in savings.
So in the long run, the small solar panel price will be worth it.