The Horizon Renewable Energy Science Kit (FCJJ-37) demonstrates the workings of a clean energy technology system on a miniature scale. Power an electrical circuit by solar panel or a wind turbine with profiled blades based on NASA aeronautics. Generate hydrogen through water electrolysis and convert it into electricity using a PEM fuel cell. Whichever combination of technologies you want to explore, this science kit is a comprehensive intro- duction to the principles behind renewable microgrids.
• Small-scale wind turbine, solar cell, fuel cell, electrolyzer & more.
• Enough hardware, software and curriculum content for groupwork – up to 4 or 5 students.
• Recommended age groups: 12+
Experiments and Activities:
• The Effect of Tilt Angle, Heat, & Shade on Solar Panels
• Finding the Solar Panel’s Max Power Point
• Electrolysis Mode Generating H2 & O2
• Fuel Cell Mode Generating Electricity
• Determining the Minimum Water Decomposition Voltage
• Polarization States for Hydrogen Fuel Cells
• How Many Blades Are Best?
• Using Three different Curved Blade Shapes
• Using Blades You Make Yourself
• Turbine Eïffciencies and Measuring RPM
• Wind turbine body
• Rotor head for profiled blades
• 9 profiled blades for turbine
• Rotor head adapter for sheet blades
• 3 polypropylene sheet blades for turbine
• PEM Electrolyzer & base
• PEM Fuel cell & base
• H2 and O2 tanks with bases (2)
• Inner gas containers
• Circuit board module base
• 100 ohm Variable Resistor module
• 1 Watt Solar panel
• Adaptors, tubing clincher & purging valve
• Assembly instructions and CD with curriculum manuals
• As well as Plug pins, Battery pack, leads, syringe, silicon tubing, 2mm banana wiresSolar, wind, fuel cell and electrolyzer, an all in one renewable energy technology educational resource.
Pick your own experiments, tailor your lessons to your students’ needs.
Includes an informative educational CD with an array of experiment ideas.
Recommended for ages 12 and up, students can work in groups of 4 or 5.